Definition:The provision of health care services by Ambulatory facility. Medical care is usually provided on outpatient basis.
Sea: e.g. Boat to deliver Primary Health Care Services to Riverine Rural Areas.
Land: Motor Vehicle to the motorable areas of the State.
PART A: Minimum Basic Facilities: as in Schedule 4B
- Reception /Consulting area with sitting facilities, registration table and record keeping facilities, examination couch, equipment for physical examination, wash hand basin and towels.
- Instrument Cabinet, Drug Cabinet.
- Facilities for Basic diagnostic Investigation for routine urine, blood and stool tests (optional).
- Public health facilities shall include – Adequate Ventilation, Adequate illumination, Clean and Adequate Water Supply, Adequate arrangement for refuse collection and disposals.
- Fire extinguisher.
PART B: Minimum Staff Complement
- One Medical Practitioner registered to practice in Nigeria must be in charge.
- One registered Nurse/Midwife registered to practice in Nigeria.
- One Clinic Assistant/Attendant.
PART C: Hours of Consultation
To be clearly stated on the mobile facility for information to the public and the Authority.