Definition: Premises where dental care is given on out-patient basis.
PART A: Minimum Facilities
Minimum basic facilities shall be as in the Private Clinic Schedule in addition to the following:
- Waiting/Reception Area 4 x 3 metres with:
- A front Desk/Patients’ waiting area.
- Sitting facilities
- Record keeping facilities (preferably digital).
- Recovery room with at least 1 bed/couch
- Partitioned cubicle with dental equipments and emergency tray
PART B: Diagnostic Facilities
Dental X-ray unit – mounted/unmounted with:
- Proper Dental X-ray developer with serviced records
- At least 2 lead aprons – one for the patient and the other for the operator.
- Dental fixer solutions (not expired)
- Dental developer solutions (not expired)
- Developing machine/solution
- Lead thyroid collar
- Thermo Luminescent Dosimeter badge not expired
PART C: Equipment
A Dental Surgery comprising of a Functional Dental Unit with the following:
- Functional Operating Light
- Functional Rotary Hand pieces and burs – slow faint and medium.
- Functional Air/Water jets
- Radiograph viewer
- Ultrasonic Scaling Device
- Functional compressor and Siro box
- Functional Suction with disposable catheters
- Dental tips stools for dentist and dental technician.
- Adequate Dental instruments
- Viable Dental materials
- Dental Chair
- Dental Unit operative light;
- Dental aspirator and local anesthetic agents
- Dental cabinets
PART D: Staff Complement
- A Dental Surgeon registered to practice in Nigeria in whose name the clinic shall be registered and who shall be in attendance during business hours (i.e. Operating Officer) with at least five years post qualification.
- A dental therapist (optional)
- A dental nurse/dental surgical assistant
- A receptionist/clerk
- Dental therapist, Dental technologist, technician
PART E: Medical Waste Management
- Registration with LAWMA Medical waste management is compulsory
- Use of appropriate waste bins with cover in all sections of the facility
- Use of appropriate colour coded bags for all medical waste disposal i.e.
- Use of safety boxes for all sharps
- Creation of an appropriate and secured final waste collection point for all facility’s waste
PART F: Hand Washing Facilities
Proper hand washing facilities must be available in all sections of the Clinic to facilitate frequent hand washing by the staff and patients.
Facilities to provide are:
- Wash hand basin with running water
- Liquid antiseptic soap in dispensing bottle with plunger
- Disposable Serviettes
- Liquid hand sanitizers
- Hand dryers (optional)
- Pedal bins
- Handwashing poster
PART G: Public health facilities shall include
- Adequate ventilation
- Adequate illumination
- Clean and adequate Water Supply
- pipe borne water
- Borehole treated regularly
- Toilet facilities (W.C.) exclusive to the clinic.
- Fire extinguisher and other safety gadgets with valid service records attached.
- Muster point
PART H: Power Supply
- Standby Generators
- Inverter (Optional)