Definition: A centre where radiation is used in diagnosis and treatment.
PART A: Minimum Facilities
- Room for Office /Reception of 12sq. Meters.
- Consulting Room of 12 sq. Meters.
- X-ray Room with walls of adequate thickness and lined with lead of barium plaster.
- Dark Room.
- Sorting and Filling Room.
PART B: Equipments
- Equipment: shall be comprehensive, basic and functional and relevant to the discipline(s) being covered by the Centre and in conformity with international regulations for the use of ionizing radiation.
PART C: Public Health Facilities
Public Health Facilities shall be as follows:
- Staff Room.
- Covered Dust Bin.
- Adequate Water Supply –Pipe Borne/Treated Borehole Tanker Service.
- Toilet Facilities.
- Adequate arrangement for refuse disposal and upkeep of premises.
- Adequate arrangement should be made for safe disposal of waste radioactive materials.
- Staff should be provided with protective clothing and radiation counter shields.
- Fire Extinguisher, Muster point, Fire certificate
PART D: Staff complement
- At least a Radiotherapist registered to practice in Nigeria shall be in attendance in whose name the premises is registered.
- A Radiographer registered to practice in Nigeria.
- Dark Room Technicians.
NOTE: Business hours shall be clearly displayed in the premises